Who We Are
Author and Illustrator List
Services For Authors and Illustrators
Services For Event Coordinators
Event Booking Form
Children's Literature is offering a new way to make your writing/illustrating career more successful. We currently assist schools, museums, and conference planners in identifying authors and illustrators for speaking engagements. In addition, Children's Literature handles book sales at these events and has developed a turnkey approach that makes its service attractive to school media specialists, PTA volunteers, other event coordinators and authors/illustrators. The following are testimonials from some of our clients about our current services:
"Children's Literature takes the stress out of ordering books to coincide with author visits. Staff help select appropriate titles, create the order form including book reviews and deliver books promptly. Children's Literature saves me so much time, and I really appreciate the extensive expertise lent to the whole process." Joy A. McIntyre, Belmont Elementary, Montgomery County, MD
"The Children's Literature team is fantastic. When I have been booked at events through them, they have made sure that all the details were taken care of (lunch, bathroom breaks, equipment in place and much more). The books were ordered and ready for autographing and their organizational effort made my visits to the schools they handled a pleasure." Rosalyn Schanzer (Author/Illustrator)
"We used Children's Literature for our book orders when Mordicai Gerstein visited and we'll use them again with Deborah Wiles' visit this spring. The order forms were prepared well, parents could charge books if they wish, the books were delivered on time and what's more, our school made money on every order which we put toward future author visits! I enjoy working with Children's Literature and getting good ideas for welcoming authors." Barbara Bosworth, Reading Specialist, Haycock Elementary School, Falls Church, Virginia
At this time Children's Literature is pleased to announce this new dimension to its business. The goal of our new business venture for those who join our booking service is to maximize your speaking engagements. We will accomplish this by:
- Publicizing your name to teachers, media specialists, PTA members and others involved in author/illustrator events.
- Providing you with a letter of agreement between you and the school/organization, where you will be making your appearance that spells out the requirements associated with your visit as well as your fee. Feel free to use this agreement when booking events on your own.
Our Children's Literature representative will:
- Provide written tips to the event coordinator to assist in making your appearance successful
- Provide guidance to the event planner regarding all those annoying details such as, directions, parking, meals, set-up needs, bathroom-breaks, etc.
- Provide order forms to the event coordinator to facilitate the purchase and delivery of books should there be an autographing associated with the appearance
We are convinced that this service will ultimately increase the number of your speaking engagements and the sale of your books. This relationship should truly be a win/win for all.Letter of Agreement between an Author/Ilustrator and Children's Literature.